Top Tips

Social Media Manners: Top Tips for Business Accounts

The constant evolution of social media can make it difficult to stay on top of all the best practices and etiquette, more especially for business owners who only log on every once in a while to post. There are a few unwritten rules and manners businesses should know and follow. Here are some of our top tips when it comes to social media for businesses.

1. Post Consistently

The big question! How often should you be posting on social media as a business? There are various statistics that offer their opinions on how often and at what times a business should post but usually the most important thing is to be consistent. You cannot post four times one week, then skip a week and thereafter only post once a week. Your audience needs consistency from you. This builds trust between your brand and your consumers which is essential to your sales success.

2. Answer (in time)

The whole point of having a social media account is so your users can interact with the business, however if you don’t answer timeously, you fail to achieve that. Your customers need answers in real-time so if you can’t be online at all times it’s best to delegate and have a few people ready to answer any queries that come in. This is another great way to ensure your customers can trust your business to meet their needs.

3. Add Value to your clients/prospects

Posting content is not just about increasing sales, it is also about helping your customers, so the vast majority of your posts should be geared towards adding value and giving back to to your consumers. Keep the 70/30 rule in mind, 70% of your posts should be entertaining or informative and the other 30% should relate directly to your services and selling. Of course 100% of your posts should ultimately advocate for your product.

4. Be Visual

Nothing communicates your message better than high quality, beautifully captured images and videos. However, be aware when sourcing content that the person in the image/video looks good. Nobody wants their “bad” side splashed on social media least of all on a business platform. Go through each piece of content carefully and be sure it portrays your companies brand in the right light as well as ensuring that everyone in it looks good.

5. Collaborate and credit

Give credit where credit is due – a saying as old as time and yet it is so often ignored on social media. If you use a photo that you did not take and do not have the rights to, please do tag the photographer.

6. Have fun with your business

A business platform on social media doesn’t have to be all business and no fun! Let people enjoy the fun aspects of your work, play with new ideas, post interactive polls and take part in live videos. You learn the most when you try new things. However, in doing so, always keep your responses professional.

If you loved these tips but feel you simply do not have the time to do them all, please contact us in, we will be happy to assist you.

Share this:

Leave a Reply